No User Data folder, no Favorites folder

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

No User Data folder, no Favorites folder

Postby Geoffery » 2018-12-31 16:58

I am trying Map Plus 2.8.4.3 free trial. I cannot add data from files (ie KMZ) because all tutorials show either TOOLS > USER DATA or TOOLS > FAVORITES (depending on the version). I do not have these folders in my install. Is the free trial not the full functioning version? It would be nice to test these tools before purchase. I can push the data to my iPhone by Cloud or iTunes, just cannot drop it into the map for lack of these User Data or Favorites folders to navigate through. Thanks for any help.
Geoffery
★★

Re: No User Data folder, no Favorites folder

Postby PDP8User » 2018-12-31 23:50

It looks to me like the icons have changed since the documentation was written.

I'm using v2.8.4, and it has icons down the right-hand side of the window, not along the bottom as in the doco.
Fourth down is a box with a star on the top. Tap that and it opens a panel on the RH side. At the bottom of that there's a (+) icon with the word "add" under it . tap that and you get a pop-up menu with multiple "Import" and "Create" options...

Brian
PDP8User
★★

Re: No User Data folder, no Favorites folder

Postby Geoffery » 2019-01-01 0:12

Brian, that is a great help. The icons are along the bottom on mine, but I kept following instructions to get into Tools (which is within the Three Dot icon). The Star icon takes me to Add, then to either local data (via iTunes) or Cloud. I can load data now. Many thanks!
Geoffery
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums