Measure tool issue on smaller smartphone screen

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Measure tool issue on smaller smartphone screen

Postby Sterntaucher » 2019-01-21 14:36

Hi there,

first of all, thanks again for that cool and helpful GIS-app.

Since some versions ago, there is a smaller issue when using the measurement tool:
When I use it in portrait mode on a smaller smartphone like my iPhone SE and tap "...>Tools" then I can either tap on "Measure Tools" to start measuring or tap on the switch besides "Measurement Tools" to start measuring. But: Sliding the switch to the right will keep the tool window on the screen, so I can't place my first measuring point (as the tool window is almost as large as my screen itself and almost the whole map is hidden).

Has this switch a special function other than startung measurement? If not, maybe you can just leave that switch away in one of your next releases.

Thanks a lot!
Sterntaucher
★★

Re: Measure tool issue on smaller smartphone screen

Postby Zax » 2019-01-23 1:36

Sterntaucher wrote:Hi there,

Has this switch a special function other than startung measurement? If not, maybe you can just leave that switch away in one of your next releases.

Thanks a lot!

The switch plays just the same as tapping the row for starting measuring.

What's more:
1.It also plays as an indicator to show you whether the measuring is on or not, for example, when you popup the Tools menu again.
2.It could be used for quit measuring, since tapping the row only and always turns measuring on.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums