Undo convert to Folder

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Undo convert to Folder

Postby Uday » 2018-12-17 4:26

Hello,

I was trying to convert all points in to the folder to Shapefile for export, Now the whole folder is converted to Single Point file.

Could you please tell me how I can find original folder or undo this conversion.

Thanks

Uday
Uday
★★

Re: Undo convert to Folder

Postby Zax » 2018-12-17 5:56

Convert a layer to folder only affect performance and individual style editing capability of a single point.
There is no undo feature, but you can select a folder and choose "Convert to Layer" in order to convert them back.

Points in both layers or folders could be exported to SHP(Esri Shape) files, you can use the "multiple selection" of User Data for bulk exporting, the app could automatically group different points and layers into different Shp file.

Basically, the app uses "Feature Classes" to group points into layers, so if you want multiple points to be exported to different shp file, please associate (apply) different feature class to them before exporting. If no feature class is associated, points might be merged into one layer while exporting.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Uday » 2018-12-17 7:09

Dear Zax,

Thanks for the reply

Zax wrote:Convert a layer to folder only affect performance and individual style editing capability of a single point.
There is no undo feature, but you can select a folder and choose "Convert to Layer" in order to convert them back.

This works perfectly.

I am also struggling to export to all these points to dropbox in shapefile formate.
I am using "Share" button >> save but

1. I am sure how to export them .shp file
2. For some location U have added +Add Image and is it possible to convert them .shp or other format with picture and notes ?

Thanks
Uday
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-12-17 10:15

Uday wrote:Dear Zax,

I am also struggling to export to all these points to dropbox in shapefile formate.
I am using "Share" button >> save but

1. I am sure how to export them .shp file
2. For some location U have added +Add Image and is it possible to convert them .shp or other format with picture and notes ?

Thanks

In order to export to Dropbox, choose "share" > "Open In..." > choose "SHP" as the Export Type, set exporting options properly, and after done, choose Dropbox as the destination for sending the package zip file which includes all .shp related files.

In order to export to shp, you have to choose "SHP" as the export type, and a purchase of GIS enhancement or Full package is required.

For exporting images attached to points, you can choose the "KMZ" as the export file format, which could be viewed with the free desktop software of "Google Earth (Pro)". Those media could also be exported as pure image/video files if you choose "Image/Photo" as the export type.

About using photo with SHP:

First, you have to create a Photo typed custom property in Map Plus, add photo to that property instead of the Add Image button, this enables you to export a shp with an attribute of the photo image's name. (If you are using feature class, you can use the "Add Private Property" and choose "Photo" as the property type, then tap that property in its associated points' detail and choose/take a photo for it)

Then choose the export type as "Image/Video" to exported all those photos separately and put those photos and shp in the same folder.

Finally, it requires your shp reader or editing software to support interpreting attribute as filename or file-path, or that you can use it to refer to the photo file and open it.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums