Importing .shp files into Map Plus

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Importing .shp files into Map Plus

Postby woodsong » 2018-12-13 6:55

Hello,
I am trying to import a .shp point file into a Map Plus project using iCloud Drive, but I receive the following message ("Cannot upload this type of file to this App Library") when I try to add the other required shape file components (i.e. .shx, .prj, .dbf) to a new Map Plus sub folder. As you know, these other shape file components are necessary to make a working shape file. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.
woodsong
★★

Re: Importing .shp files into Map Plus

Postby Zax » 2018-12-13 8:57

woodsong wrote:Hello,
I am trying to import a .shp point file into a Map Plus project using iCloud Drive, but I receive the following message ("Cannot upload this type of file to this App Library") when I try to add the other required shape file components (i.e. .shx, .prj, .dbf) to a new Map Plus sub folder. As you know, these other shape file components are necessary to make a working shape file. I would appreciate any assistance you can provide.

The iOS's native file exchanging feature does not support sending multiple files all at once.

For this issue, you have to zip-archive the .shp and all related files as a single .zip file, then share/open it with Map Plus, you'll later find that .zip file in Map Plus > User Data > more > Files And Documents, where you can unzip it to a sub-folder and import the SHP from that folder.

More suggestions:

1) Map Plus has its own iCloud Drive folder in iCloud > iCloud Drive > Map Plus, where you can put all the files in it, and download them in Map Plus > User Data > more > Files And Documents > iCloud (the tab icon is on the top right). If this folder does not appeared in your iCloud Drive, try to run Map Plus and share any small data, for example a point, to iCloud once.

2) If your device could be connected with a desktop PC or Mac via a lighting cable, then you can use iTunes's File Sharing to send all these files to Map Plus, which is the fastest way especially for very large files.

3) If your device is in the same WiFi or LAN network with your PC or Mac, then you can Map Plus's User Data > more > Files & Documents > tools > Web Browser Access For Files, and a web browser on your PC/Mac to upload all thee files.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums