how to update software and add bing aerial base map

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

how to update software and add bing aerial base map

Postby Uday » 2018-11-22 18:02

I am using 2016 version in my Ipad and I wonder how I can update it.
how I can add Bing Aerial map as base map?

Uday
Uday
★★

Re: how to update software and add bing aerial base map

Postby Zax » 2018-11-23 2:01

1. Version update
The latest version requires iOS 8 or above, so you have to update your iOS to the latest version above iOS 8, then you can update the app to its latest version in the Apple's App Store app, by tapping the "update" tab there, find the Map Plus app, and tap its "update" button.

2. Bing Satellite Imagery
Try to scan the following qr-code in the app's User Data > Add > Import From QR Code:
bing_aerial_341.png
bing_aerial_341.png (70.84 KiB) Viewed 106 times

However, the map's url pattern might be updated by time, if you have a BingMapKey, you can get a updated url pattern as following article descibes
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt823633.aspx
notice that you need to edit the "{quadkey}" parameter as {$q} in order to use in Map Plus.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Uday » 2018-11-23 5:16

Hi Zax,

Thanks for the reply

The latest version is 2.8.4.3 correct?

Regrading Aerial Bing Map,

I scanned QRCOde >> Saved in dropbox >> import .text file to Map plus and got message that File has been saved to the Apps document folder.
So 1. I am not sure where is this apps document folder is located and How I can bring aerial map to COSTUM MAPs or other location.

Uday
Uday
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-11-23 5:33

2.8.4 is the latest version.

How to scan QR-Code in the app:
Start the app, tap "User Data" button on the main screen, tap "add" on the toolbar, tap "Import from QR Code", point your camera to the qrcode and done. Don't forget to tap the map and choose "Show On Map" to toggle the visibility after imported.

QR code is the fastest way to import new map configurations, although there are many other way to do that.

Then, about the Document Folder, each app has one and only one folder which could be used to exchange files with other apps or desktop computers. In Map Plus, you can access that folder in User Data > more >Files and Documents. You can import files listed there, and all exported files could be find there too.

What's more, you can use iTunes to access that folder if the device is connected to PC and you enters the File Share section of iTunes. You can even use a Web Browser to access that folder from PC/Mac if your device and PCs is in the same WIFI or LAN network, and you enables the web browser access at User Data > more > Files and Documents > tool > Web Browser Access.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Uday » 2018-11-23 10:36

Thanks, QR codes needs to focus for little longer until app recognize it.
Uday
★★

How to edit shapes of point, line and polygons in shapefile

Postby Uday » 2018-11-23 10:39

How I can edit or change Icons of shapefile objects ? e.g. now there is small point (white dot)I would like to change the color, shape, size and so on.
I have several category of points data and I would would like display then based on different color and shape ....

Thanks
Uday
★★

Re: How to edit shapes of point, line and polygons in shapef

Postby Zax » 2018-11-26 9:13

Uday wrote:How I can edit or change Icons of shapefile objects ? e.g. now there is small point (white dot)I would like to change the color, shape, size and so on.
I have several category of points data and I would would like display then based on different color and shape ....

Thanks

Style editing of a shape layer should be done in its Feature Class, which is an item with an icon like a book, besides the layer item, which was created automatically while you importing the shp.

You can add common style to that feature class so that all features of the layer shares the same style, you can also add conditional style to the feature class to make part of the features be styled differently by some conditions of property/attribute values or zoom levels.

Please check these doc:
http://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html? ... atureclass
http://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html? ... itionstyle
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums