Change title each folder entry

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Change title each folder entry

Postby Daniel » 2018-11-01 17:51

Greetings,

just a Short question... i Converter a Layer into a folder and would like to change the titles like i did, creating the labels.

Is it possible? Each item is renamed to the style Name.

Best regards,
Daniel
Daniel
★★

Re: Change title each folder entry

Postby Zax » 2018-11-02 1:14

Daniel wrote:Greetings,

just a Short question... i Converter a Layer into a folder and would like to change the titles like i did, creating the labels.

Is it possible? Each item is renamed to the style Name.

Best regards,
Daniel

Sorry for my poor English, but I'm not so clear about what you want.

If you want to show label based on feature attributes, you can add following 2 basic styles to the feature class of that feature:
1. "Show Label" => "Enable"
2. "Label" => the expression of the label, for example,
Code: [Select all]
"Height:" + [HEIGHT] + ";\n" + "Status" + [STATUS]
Javascript

More examples about label expression, please check:
http://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html? ... _text_expr

If you want to rename each title of features in a bulk, sorry but there is no such function for now, but you can set a property/attribute field to the feature be its title while importing.
In order to do that, suppose you are importing a SHP file which contains point features with a attribute field named "ITEM_NAME", and you want the value of this field to be the title of feature, Please:

1) Choose the SHP file to import
2) In the import option page, tap the layer name of the SHP
3) In the "ASSOCIATED SYSTEM FIELD" section, tap the chain button next to the "Title" filed, and choose "ITEM_NAME" or any other fields.

Continue importing and you'll get all features imported with title.

By the way, please notice you do not have to convert a layer to folder unless you want to set custom styles to each feature separately. Using layer is much more efficient especially when handling with large amount of features.
Features could has their own title and attribute field even in layers, and by using feature class with conditional styles, it could handle most specified styling requirements, for example, it supports adding different labels to features for different zoom scales and attribute conditions.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Re: Change title each folder entry

Postby Daniel » 2018-11-03 22:49

Thanks! Zax. What‘s exactly, what I was looking for. Unfortunatly I recently imported geojson files,but I could also use shape files instead.

Best regards,
Daniel
Daniel
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums