Translation into German

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Translation into German

Postby Surkel » 2018-10-08 4:49

Hi,

is it possible to translate the App into German?
I work for an energy distribution company and it could be nice to use this app in the field, but the most of our customers dont speak english.
Surkel
★★

Re: Translation into German

Postby Zax » 2018-10-15 1:24

Surkel wrote:is it possible to translate the App into German?

So sorry that we are really small team and has no resource to make the translation currently.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Sterntaucher » 2018-11-07 11:45

I also would appreciate a German Version and am willing to support the Duweis Team by translating the current 2.8.3 into German for free. MapPlus did help me a lot solving my daily needs and I guess it's time to give sth back. Even if you offer a German version as an in-app-purchase for about 10-20 Euros there will be lots of new customers just due to this single feature.

Sth I'd also appreciate would be an updated manual. There are lots of new features still unsupported since the 2.4 release!

Thx a lot,

Sterntaucher
Sterntaucher
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-11-08 1:12

Really thank you so much for your participation and enthusiasm to help us making the app better.

Anyway, adding a new language not only requires a translation for over 3000 existing phrases and sentences, but also requires further translations for any new text which might be added or altered in future versions, also the descriptions in app store, what's new and online documents should be continuously updated when a new version releases. What's more, because different languages may have different display size, the app's UI might need to be edited to adopt a new language.

That means, we may not start that task right now, but when decided, we will turn to you for more helps or suggestions at that time.

Thanks again for all of that.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Sterntaucher » 2018-11-08 8:05

Zax, thanks for the detailed information. I realized that there is much more than just the translation of some thousand phrases. And furthermore, I'd suggest that it has to start with a sort of beta status once it should be implemented. As soon as a German version is offered, there will be customer's support requests in German. One has to think about all kinds of these further tasks to avoid complications. Feel free to contact me if You feel ready to start with it.

Cheers, Sterntaucher
Sterntaucher
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums