Great App - More Suggestions

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Great App - More Suggestions

Postby lindseyso » 2018-08-29 14:02

First off, hello! I love working with this app, so I want to commend the creators on a job well done. It has been a great tool in the field.

I do have a couple constructive suggestions:

- When I turn on data I find it easier to click on the data and click show on map, but it zooms out to that layer. Add a visible on map to that menu list that would turn on the data and not change the view/zoom level.

- Develop a way to have different "maps". Each map would have different data visible and potentially different style for the data shown. As an example, you could open the app, have no data visible, and then click on your "Hunting Map" which would turn on forest inventory, trails, land ownership, flush sites, and sites to scout all at once. Then you could switch over to your "Fishing Map" that would turn all that data off and make lake depths, fishing holes, and boat launches visible. This would be faster than showing and hiding all the different data layers each time you want to switch purposes. There could also be a quick way to toggle between the data assigned to that map being visible or not visible without having to look at your entire data file.

Thanks again!
lindseyso
★★

Re: Great App - More Suggestions

Postby Zax » 2018-08-30 0:56

Thanks for your appreciation and suggestions.

1. About the "Show without Zoom" function, you'll try to make the current "Show On Map" function to show without zoom change, and a new "Focus On Map" menu item to show and zoom.

2. You can try with custom folders, creating folders in User Data, move all layers and sub-folder to it, then you can long press the folder and choose "Show" or "Hide" to toggle visibility of all its sub-items.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Re: Great App - More Suggestions

Postby lindseyso » 2018-08-30 13:03

Thank you for the quick reply, I will try the folder idea you suggest. It should help with my other issue with the app....I am constantly having to repair on startup which requires that I hide all the layers I had turned on. I then have to go through all my different folders and show each one again. Having my most commonly used layers all in one folder would make that process quicker.
lindseyso
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums