Offline guidance

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Offline guidance

Postby dmitrym » 2018-04-18 15:47

Hello Zax,

Still loving the app. By far the most capable mapping application for iOS, and I've tried a few!

I'm frequently driving back country roads where there is no internet. I have a destination in mind, typically in the form of a dropped pin. I know I can enable the "Guide Mark" feature that shows general direction and distance to my POI, but it's a bit too small. If I come to a fork in the road is there a way for me to see where I should be heading? Increase the size of the guide mark? What would you recommend?

Thanks again for a great app!
dmitrym
★★

Re: Offline guidance

Postby Zax » 2018-04-19 0:48

1. You can try the direction route searching function while have Internet, and save the planned route to your User Data so that you could use them offline.
2. You can toggle the map to edit mode which enables you to draw a custom polyline on the map, and you can use that for real-time guidance.
3. All navigation routes or custom polylines support "following", select them and choose "follow" which provides you a real-time offset or turn-by-turn voice guidance.
4. You can also try the custom route function, which could link multiple points as a direction route, then edit the "Notes" of each point, that would be the content of the instruction for guidance. (please check here: https://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html ... =100_route )
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby dmitrym » 2018-05-17 13:44

Hello Zax,

I tried your suggestions (except #4). Basically following a route is not very useful to me because conditions are unpredictable.

Here's my trip from the other day: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1avje7 ... sp=sharing

I dropped 2 pins on the map. One was a washout (the road was destroyed) and the other one is the wrong way -- it took us in the wrong direction. This is beyond internet signal, so there's no quick way to initiate rerouting.

If may make a suggestion, I think making "guide marks" significantly larger may solve this problem for me. Currently on my iphone they are very small. If they were visible from a distance of a meter that would suffice. Could be a toggle in settings perhaps.

Thanks for all your work.

PS: I purchased the "full package". Hopefully Maps+ has a bright future :)
dmitrym
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-05-24 7:48

Thanks for your purchase.

We'll add a setting for guide mark size in the next release.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums