KML file into a navigated route - drive me there - Map Plus

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

KML file into a navigated route - drive me there - Map Plus

Postby md00738 » 2018-03-26 22:09

Can I upload a kml or kmz file into Map Plus and the app will provide driving directions or a route to get me there from where I am? Upload the map from google drive or drop box and the like?

Have several hundred kml's of work sites and need to get employees to those remote work sites that don't have addresses per say, but have a detailed kml map of the location. They tap on it and it creates a driving route.
Pick up where google my maps leaves off...no routing there. Thanks
md00738
★★

Re: KML file into a navigated route - drive me there - Map P

Postby Zax » 2018-03-27 2:49

Can I upload a kml or kmz file

Yes you can, as described here:
https://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html ... mport_file

the app will provide driving directions or a route to get me there from where I am?

Imported KML's are vector data, you can view, select, edit, manage any elements within it after import.
For navigation, please select a place that you imported, and choose "goto" operation, then the app would plan a route from the current position to it.
https://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html ... _direction

Please notice that we are using Google's free service for direction planning, which means if Google could not plan a route to the destination place, then our app also couldn't.

More, you can follow a planned direction route or any line/path/track within the app with voice guidance.
https://duweis.com/support/viewdoc.html ... 030_follow

At last, since the app is permanently free for importing KML and direction navigation, why not import your file and have a try, there is no cost for that.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby md00738 » 2018-03-27 15:29

Says no dice on the navigation. KML file comes in fine, shows on the map. Will not generate a route there. 1 mile away from where I am currently with phone, highway location w good cell/gps.

do I need to add something to the kml polygon to get it be able to create a route? A push pin or something?
md00738
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-03-28 1:29

Yes, you can long press the map to drop a (temporary) pin within or at the edge of the polygon, select it and choose "goto".

You can drag the pin start with a long press on it and it could automatically snap to nearby points, shapes or lines if you did not turn off the "Magnetic Snap" in the app's settings.

After the goto, you have to tap "Search" to trigger the navigation planning and ensure you have an internet connection at that time because the routing searching is depending on the online service of Google. Anyway, you can save a searched route to your User Data to make it local for following offline uses.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums