Map Plus crash with new update

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Map Plus crash with new update

Postby mgarras » 2018-03-24 2:32

Since the new update, when I click the MapPlus icon it flashes the first intro screen and then it crashes.
I tried the reset switch in the settings, and it does the same, after a reset of the app and a reset of the iPad!

How do I get over this problem, or revert to an older version of Map Plus?
I am using an iPad 2, so there is a possibility that the new update does not run on this iPad, but in this case it should tell me that it can not be updated!!
I need to make a backup of my data, so how can I do this without access to the app?

I have made a backup of the entire iPad, but this will probably not help if I reset the iPad and restore it, if there is something which went wrong with the data in the app!

any suggestions?
Thanks
mgarras
★★

Re: Map Plus crash with new update

Postby Zax » 2018-03-24 13:10

mgarras wrote:Since the new update, when I click the MapPlus icon it flashes the first intro screen and then it crashes.
I tried the reset switch in the settings, and it does the same, after a reset of the app and a reset of the iPad!

How do I get over this problem, or revert to an older version of Map Plus?
I am using an iPad 2, so there is a possibility that the new update does not run on this iPad, but in this case it should tell me that it can not be updated!!
I need to make a backup of my data, so how can I do this without access to the app?

I have made a backup of the entire iPad, but this will probably not help if I reset the iPad and restore it, if there is something which went wrong with the data in the app!

any suggestions?
Thanks

Really so sorry for that,please update your ios to iOS 11,or wait for our fix coming in next week。
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby mgarras » 2018-03-24 13:18

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately my iPads and iPhones I have do not update there iOS since they are not the latest models, so I am stuck with iOS 9.35!

If you can guarantee that in a week you will have an update which will make your new version work with iOS 9.35, then I will wait, or else you will have to give me the option of reverting back to an older version of MapPlus.

I use your software for my work, so it is vital that it continues to work for me. It is a very good app, but it is of no use to me if I can't use it any more!!!

Thank you
mgarras
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-03-24 23:47

We'll submit a fixed version for old ios devices on the next Tuesday to Apple, and it usually costs 2~7 days for Apple's reviewing process before it is available on the app store.
The new version number would be V2.7.1
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby sooofast » 2018-03-26 0:05

I have same problem on iPad mini 1 w/latest update iOS 9.3, but it runs okay on iPhone 6S Plus under iOS 11.2.6.
sooofast
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-03-26 1:56

sooofast wrote:I have same problem on iPad mini 1 w/latest update iOS 9.3, but it runs okay on iPhone 6S Plus under iOS 11.2.6.

This crash only happens on iOS 10 and before, so if your device could not update to a later iOS 11, please wait for our fix coming this week.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Zax » 2018-03-27 1:48

The fixed version of v2.7.1 has already been released, please update in the App Store and have a try.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby sooofast » 2018-03-29 4:15

Thanks for the fix!

VR, Jeff
sooofast
★★

Postby JohnBerman » 2019-02-20 7:18

I am not the only one who comes across this issue. I use the iPad Mini. Do you mean if I update the OS to the latest iPad, I can solve this problem? But the update is not what I want, I just want to solve my problem. hope there is a way to deal with it without update OS to fix this problem on oldiPad models.
JohnBerman
★★

Postby Zax » 2019-02-22 0:52

JohnBerman wrote:I am not the only one who comes across this issue. I use the iPad Mini. Do you mean if I update the OS to the latest iPad, I can solve this problem? But the update is not what I want, I just want to solve my problem. hope there is a way to deal with it without update OS to fix this problem on oldiPad models.

Update iOS to iOS 10+, or update the app to the latest version, either could resolve this compatibility bug.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums