Description of divided tracks

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Description of divided tracks

Postby Sterntaucher » 2018-03-02 10:47

Hi there!
When saving a track, it’s length and duration is generated automatically in the description field. This is very helpful for me.

Sometimes I have to cut these tracks later, often if I forgot to stop and save tracking in time. This is also possible quite easy by using the “divide” feature.

But: The description field of the divided tracks still shows the former (and now wrong) length and duration. This resulted often in some confusion when managing lots of tracks. However, the new (shorter) length of these cutted tracks is correctly shown inside the track’s information fields. The only thing I can do is adjusting the new length and duration manually.

- Could you fix that problem in one of the next releases?
- Furthermore, could you offer a new feature to create a single track from two separate tracks?
Maybe in edit mode I choose an end point of a track, then tap “join with other track” and choose the track to stick on.
- my last suggestion: could you please add a back / forward feature to reverse steps which were done by accident? At least 1 step back would save a lot of work and time sometimes (I once moved lots of waypoints in the wrong folder by accident and almost couldn’t tell those apart from the saved points inside that folder. 2 Days of wasted time due to 1 misplaced tapping)

So, thanks a lot for your great app and support!
Sterntaucher
★★

Re: Description of divided tracks

Postby Zax » 2018-03-05 1:23

Sterntaucher wrote:- Could you fix that problem in one of the next releases?
- Furthermore, could you offer a new feature to create a single track from two separate tracks?
- my last suggestion: could you please add a back / forward feature

Thanks for your suggestions.

- The divide track naming issue would be fixed in the coming v2.7 version.
- The track-merging function might be offered in a later release.
- We'll consider adding the undo feature for operations in User Data, anyway, since our GIS users often have a very large data scale, it is not so easy for that and there is no exact schedule.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums