Zoom Beyond Max

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Zoom Beyond Max

Postby ddrinka » 2018-01-30 0:08

Currently when a tile isn't available because you've gone past the provided zoom level, no tiles are displayed for that layer. Instead, I would like the last available tile to zoom as an image, reducing the resolution, but still providing some amount of data to the viewer, rather than disappearing altogether. At some point it makes sense for the layer to disappear, but I'd like this to be configurable.

This could either be done automatically, i.e. if a level 15 tile is currently displayed and you zoom to level 16, after the request is returned 404, the level 15 tile is still displayed as a zoomed image.

Or it could be set manually, so I could specify that a data source ends at level 15, and a request for level 16 or 17 automatically requests level 15 and zooms it as an image.

Finally, an additional option, as is currently provided, disables the display of that layer altogether after a specified zoom level.

Very often I'm working with a layer that only provides data for level 15 or 16, but another layer is providing data at level 17, and I'd like to have some semblance of the low-resolution layer still available. Instead I have to zoom out and squint at the screen to make out the detail.
ddrinka
★★

Re: Zoom Beyond Max

Postby Zax » 2018-02-03 4:40

please set the max display level to 15 in the source's detail information and try again
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby ddrinka » 2018-02-09 20:28

Right, so I set Visible Zoom Levels to 0-15. When I zoom to 16 the source disappears. That matches the description of the Maximum Zoom Level setting: "Map images would only be visible when current zoom level is smaller than this value".

Is that what you meant by max display level?

I want the source to still be visible at level 16, just displaying zoomed level 15 imagery.
ddrinka
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-02-13 2:33

ddrinka wrote:I want the source to still be visible at level 16, just displaying zoomed level 15 imagery.

The max zoom level way is just a trick for online maps, based on the underneath map engine behaviors out of our control. Anyway, sometimes it works especially for regions without any custom feature (such as point, line, shape...) on it, and it does not work for offline maps or downloaded maps.

Anyway, we'll consider providing such function as a map option in the futrure and thanks for your feedback.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums