Changing icon size and type

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Changing icon size and type

Postby jameslio » 2018-01-04 3:45

Hi I've imported KMZ into the app there are thousands of point in the KMZ file. How do I change the size for all the points? And how do I show the description of the point on the map?

Thanks
jameslio
★★

Re: Changing icon size and type

Postby Zax » 2018-01-04 4:21

jameslio wrote:Hi I've imported KMZ into the app there are thousands of point in the KMZ file. How do I change the size for all the points? And how do I show the description of the point on the map?

Thanks

For working with thousands of points, it is suggested to use the "Feature Class".
First, create a feature class, add proper basic or conditional styles to it, such as icon image, icon scale, enable label, label content...
Then, apply this class to all of your points, it is suggested to build an "Association" while applying so that you do not need to apply again and again each time you change the feature class.

Refer to this article for how to use feature class:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... atureclass

What's more, if you feel a performance issue while there are too many points rendering on the map at the same time, it is suggested to use "Layer" instead of Folder to manage huge amount of points, which is designed to manage tens of thousands of points in a very memory efficient way, and here is the doc for that:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... _gis_layer

If you choose to use layer, be aware that feature class is still needed and you should apply or associate it with the layer instead of each of the points.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby jameslio » 2018-01-10 2:08

Hi thanks for your help I am able to change the size of the point but I am still not able to show the description of the shape file. The shape file has description under attribute MCC_ID how do I show this description out on the map?

Thanks
jameslio
★★

Postby Zax » 2018-01-10 3:13

jameslio wrote:Hi thanks for your help I am able to change the size of the point but I am still not able to show the description of the shape file. The shape file has description under attribute MCC_ID how do I show this description out on the map?

Thanks

If the shape was directly imported into the app, then there must be a "Layer" object, which represents all features, and a "Feature Class" object, with list icon like a book.

The feature class is used to control styles of all features.

Going to the detail information page of the "Feature Class" > "Add Basic Style" > "Label" > Enable > "Add Basic Style" > "Label Text" > input the expression as [MCC_ID] > Apply.

If features are imported from KML, with a custom property named MCC_ID, then input its Label Text as [MCC_ID] in its detail > Edit > Display Style.

More about Label expression:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... _text_expr
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums