a Question regarding security of user data

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

a Question regarding security of user data

Postby hkrenek » 2017-11-18 1:14

Hi and hello,

I'm learning about this application and I'm curious to know if a shapefile or kmz is stored locally on the device or if it is uploaded to a cloud server and referenced from there.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
hkrenek
★★

Re: a Question regarding security of user data

Postby Zax » 2017-11-18 4:05

hkrenek wrote:Hi and hello,

I'm learning about this application and I'm curious to know if a shapefile or kmz is stored locally on the device or if it is uploaded to a cloud server and referenced from there.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

All data is saved locally, the app has a local data file (database) which contains everything you see in your "User Data, this file is invisible to users, and will be backup by either iOS or the app's own backup function.

When importing a shape file, or kml, tab, csv, gml... files., they would be converted and merged to the local database, which means you can delete the original shp after imported, otherwise it occupies double data size.

You can select parts or all of your data in User Data, and try to export(choose share) them as a MPZ or other file format, you can choose iCloud to save the file.
More, you can use the app's backup function and choose to backup to iCloud, so that it would be sync to online server of Apple's iCloud service.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums