Shapefile and .tiff file import

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Shapefile and .tiff file import

Postby Uday » 2017-11-17 4:00

Hello Map Plus user,

I am facing problem with following items in Map Plus , curently I have Enhanced formate and Enhanced GIS package purchased.

1. How to dispay attribute of KML or KMZ file on map
2. How to import shapefile and .tiff files

Thanks
Uday
★★

Re: Shapefile and .tiff file import

Postby Zax » 2017-11-17 6:05

Uday wrote:Hello Map Plus user,

I am facing problem with following items in Map Plus , curently I have Enhanced formate and Enhanced GIS package purchased.

1. How to dispay attribute of KML or KMZ file on map

Thanks

1. How to display attribute of KML or KMZ file on map

Do you mean the attribute of map features within the KML? if so, check the following:

1.1) How to view/edit attributes if a single feature:
Select it on the map, going to its "detail", scroll down, and check the "Custom Properties" section, you can also add more attributes to it there.

1.2) How to show attributes as a "Label" on the map:
Select it on the map, going to its "detail", toggle to Edit, then:
    For point feature, going to "Display Style" > "Display Label" > "Label", input a expression with property names, for example: ([HEIGHT] * 100) + " meters", please following article for details about using expressions:
    http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... _text_expr
    For shape feature, going to "Show Label" > "Label Text", then input a label expression with property names, as described above.

1.3) How to show attributes in the popup panel window?
You should use the HTML and Javascript to make a custom Notes for each feature, which could contains forms or tables of its custom properties (attributes).
Please check here:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... tml#viewpp

1.4) How to do all above configurations on multiple features all at once.
It is suggested to create a feature class, custom it with proprty styles for labels or HTML notes, then apply it to all features you want to change.
Check here:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... atureclass

2.1) Import SHP is just the same as KML/KMZ, expect it has more importing options, check here:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... &k=012_shp

2.2) Currently, the app does support image overlays, but does not support geometry information within those image files.
Which means you can import a TIFF just the same as importing JPG, PNG, which requires you to input the boundary coordinates of it by yourself.
Here are more details about using image overlay:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... ageoverlay
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Uday » 2017-11-17 7:53

Do you mean the attribute of map features within the KML? if so, check the following:

1.1) How to view/edit attributes if a single feature:
Select it on the map, going to its "detail", scroll down, and check the "Custom Properties" section, you can also add more attributes to it there.

1.2) How to show attributes as a "Label" on the map:
Select it on the map, going to its "detail", toggle to Edit, then:
For point feature, going to "Display Style" > "Display Label" > "Label", input a expression with property names, for example: ([HEIGHT] * 100) + " meters", please following article for details about using expressions:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... _text_expr
For shape feature, going to "Show Label" > "Label Text", then input a label expression with property names, as described above.

=> I have one grid kml file with unique ID to every grid and I wan to display them all at once, whenever I click on grid it selects 4 item. Also I dd not get it how to find the option "Show Label" >

######
2.2) Currently, the app does support image overlays, but does not support geometry information within those image files.
Which means you can import a TIFF just the same as importing JPG, PNG, which requires you to input the boundary coordinates of it by yourself.
Here are more details about using image overlay:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... ageoverlay

=> whenever I do that the projections does not overlap on shapefile.

3. How I can get google earth as base map?

Thanks
Uday
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-11-17 8:42

I have one grid kml file with unique ID to every grid and

If the "id" is the attribute you set in a <Placemark> node, like <Placemark id="xxx">, then you should turn on the "Synchronized Import" option while start importing, which import these "id"s to be the "GUID" of a feature. Otherwise, all ids would be ignored.
BUT, please notice that GUID could not be used as Label, which means it could not be displayed on the map, but you can check it in a feature's detail information screen by scrolling down to the bottom in its detail information screen.

If the "id" is saved within the <ExtendedData> node in KML, which means it is a common attribute, just like the concept of attributes in GIS software, then they would be imported as custom properties in the app, and you can use Label expression to refer them.

I wan to display them all at once
You can do mutiple selection in User Data > Select, then use the "operation" > "Show On Map" or "Hide ..." menu to bulk show/hide them.
What's more, you can create folders in User Data to group items, so that you can use the folder to bulk edit them or toggle visibility, for example, by long press the folder and choose to Show/Hide.

whenever I click on grid it selects 4 item
If you only want to select one, then tap/pick the one in the popup window from the 4.

Also I dd not get it how to find the option "Show Label" >
Tap the line on the map > pick the one you want to edit if more than one is tapped > tap "detail" > tap "Edit" on the right bottom of the toolbar > Scroll up and down to find the "Show Label" row, and turn on the switch, then "Label Text" row would show up, tap it to input some label text or expression.

whenever I do that the projections does not overlap on shapefile.
You mean the CRS you set is not work on shape file?
First, if you have a .prj file besides the .shp, then no need to set the CRS(projection).
Seconds, there are two places to set the CRS, and it is suggested to set it in the layer option. You can do that by tapping the layer name in the SHP import option screen, where you start importing.
Last, shp might be imported as a Layer, and its visibility may be hidden by default, you have to go to the User Data, find the layer you just imported, tap it and choose to "Show On Map". Please be aware that there are 2 items after the importing, one is a feature class, which has a library icon and it is used to control the style and attribute list of the layer, the other is the layer it self.

How I can get google earth as base map?
Following this and choose the "Online Map Test Sample 2".
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... 0_dlsample
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Uday » 2017-11-17 9:41

1.I have one grid kml file with unique ID to every grid and
Uday=> Here My shapefile grid value was not at centre may be because of this it does not select single object. I will try to crete new grid with value at the centre.

2. I wan to display them all at once
You can do mutiple selection in User Data > Select, then use the "operation" > "Show On Map" or "Hide ..." menu to bulk show/hide them.
What's more, you can create folders in User Data to group items, so that you can use the folder to bulk edit them or toggle visibility, for example, by long press the folder and choose to Show/Hide.

Uday=> Here I do not have menu to bulk show/hide ? e.g when I click on point and >"detail' It shows me CUSTOM PROPERTIEY with all attributes. But I cannot choose/display them on map.
Also I try to opne HTML preview its also empty (I am using Ipad)

3. Also I dd not get it how to find the option "Show Label" >
Tap the line on the map > pick the one you want to edit if more than one is tapped > tap "detail" > tap "Edit" on the right bottom of the toolbar > Scroll up and down to find the "Show Label" row, and turn on the switch, then "Label Text" row would show up, tap it to input some label text or expression.

Uday => I cannot see full option Show Label" here

4. Google earth map is good , Thanks
Uday
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-11-18 4:37

1.I have one grid kml file with unique ID to every grid and
Zax=> : Sorry for my poor English, but I'm still not so clear about your issue.
Q1: Is a grid is a polygon? or some polyline cross each other?
Q2: What do you mean "shapefile grid value was not at centre"? does the value represented as a vector of text?
Please notice that the app does not support multi-geometry directly, which means multi-point, multi-polyline, multi-polygon would be separated as individual features instead of one single feature, which means you could not select them as a single one.

2. I wan to display them all at once

Uday=> Here I do not have menu to bulk show/hide ? e.g when I click on point and >"detail' It shows me CUSTOM PROPERTIEY with all attributes. But I cannot choose/display them on map.
Also I try to opne HTML preview its also empty (I am using Ipad)
Zax=> My previous answer shows how to show/hide multiple features on the map, not the attributes of them. You have to go to the "User Data" by tapping the tool button on the main screen then choose "User Data".
Then, about the attributes, because your data is imported from SHP now, not kml, then you have to manage the label and all other styles in its "Feature Class", since SHP is imported as Layer by default, and features belong to a layer do not have individual styles.
To do that:
i)Going to User Data
ii) Find the feature class of the Layer, which should be put next to the layer itself, with the same name and in the same folder, and with a icon looks like a library.
iii) Tap the [i] button right to the name to enter the detail information if the feature class.
iv) Now toggle to Edit, tap the "Add Basic Style" button.
v) Choose the style to enable the label
vi) Repeat iv) and v) to add another style for the content of the label, input the expression as you want.
vii) Tap "Apply" on the toolbar

Uday => I cannot see full option Show Label" here
Zax => Sorry but I didn't realize that you imported the data from SHP, which uses layer instead of folder to manage features by default. Which means, style is managed in a object called "Feature Class", and no individual styles anymore. If you do prefer using folder than layer, you can convert layer to be a folder by long press it in User Data, and choose Convert.
More about Layer: https://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc. ... _gis_layer

If you still feel confused, please send us a sample shp, via support@duweis.com , and tell us what you expected to be shown, we'll give you more detailed steps for the how-to.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Uday » 2017-11-18 5:42

Zax, thanks. I sent you files and expected results via email.
Uday
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-11-18 13:52

Uday wrote:Zax, thanks. I sent you files and expected results via email.

To enable label of shp, you should not only add the "Show Label" style as "Enable", but also add the "Label" style with a expression.
Then, the content of the "Label" style should be "[id]", the attribute name surrounded with a pair of bracket.

Then, tiff, you should manually input the coordinates of the image corners to make it displayed correctly at right position, going to detail, Edit, then select the South, North, East, West to edit.

BTW, we are in weekend now, without some necessary software or tools on my home computer, so we'll send you a more detailed replay on next Monday.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums