Unable to assign feature class to point

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Unable to assign feature class to point

Postby Casey » 2017-11-03 23:24

Ran into my first problem with Map Plus today.. I was in the field recording points, and I discovered that I was no longer able to associate a feature class with points I was recording. After I select the class I want, and the app returns to the point edit screen and the associated feature class field still says “no assoicated”.

Anyone else run into this problem? Possibly a bug in latest update? I did restore my data from a backup to see if perhaps my install had become corrupted, but it didn’t improve the situation. Thanks in advance!
Casey
★★

Re: Unable to assign feature class to point

Postby Zax » 2017-11-04 13:02

Casey wrote:Ran into my first problem with Map Plus today.. I was in the field recording points, and I discovered that I was no longer able to associate a feature class with points I was recording. After I select the class I want, and the app returns to the point edit screen and the associated feature class field still says “no assoicated”.

Anyone else run into this problem? Possibly a bug in latest update? I did restore my data from a backup to see if perhaps my install had become corrupted, but it didn’t improve the situation. Thanks in advance!

Sorry for the bug, before the fixed version of our next update, please try to associate a feature class in either of the 3 ways bellow:
1) Toggle the map in edit mode, and select the feature on the map, then choose class and pick the one for association.
2) Going to the User Data > Select > Choose the one or more than one feature you want to associated with a class, then > style > Apply Feature Class > pick the class and DO NOT forget to turn on the "Build Association" switch before applying.
3) You can add a feature class to the custom editing menu, then use it to create new features, by doing so, you do not need to associate the feature class after drop a new feature. Please check detail here:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... om_stencil
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Casey » 2017-11-05 1:18

Thank you very much for your prompt support, and the multiple alternative methods. I had success with options 1 and 2. But FYI with option 3, I don’t have the “drop pin” option to add to the custom edit menu. I have options for line, shape, circle, rectangle and text overlay.. but nothing for points.

I can get by with options 1 and 2.. just wanted to let you know about option 3. Thanks again
Casey
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-11-05 2:04

Casey wrote:I can get by with options 1 and 2.. just wanted to let you know about option 3. Thanks again

No need the Drop Pin option, you can tap the add (+) button at the right of any row, and pick any kind of feature or feature class to replace that menu item, then this menu item could be used to drop a feature on the map. No need to match the geometry type to the default/previous menu items.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Casey » 2017-11-05 2:45

I understand. Thank you!
Casey
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums