Rename multiple saved routes

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Rename multiple saved routes

Postby yisits » 2017-10-06 21:15

Is there a way to automatically rename multiple saved routes so that they have the date they were created and an added description? For example; I have multiple saved routes called "drive" created on different days, I'd like to add the date created before or after the word drive so that I have a file named "10-10-2016-drive" or "drive-10-10-2016".

I know I can go in and rename each file individually but I have hundreds of files and it would take way too long to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
yisits
★★

Re: Rename multiple saved routes

Postby Zax » 2017-10-23 12:41

yisits wrote:Is there a way to automatically rename multiple saved routes so that they have the date they were created and an added description? For example; I have multiple saved routes called "drive" created on different days, I'd like to add the date created before or after the word drive so that I have a file named "10-10-2016-drive" or "drive-10-10-2016".

I know I can go in and rename each file individually but I have hundreds of files and it would take way too long to do that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

There is no in-app function to support bulk renaming.

As a suggestion, you can use csv importing and exporting to doing that in a bulk.

First, select all routes you want to edit, or folder of them, in User Data > Select, and then choose "share" > "Save to Documents" > choose file format as CSV > Continue.

Then, connect your device with iTunes, using iTunes to copy the file out and try to edit it with MS Excel or OSX Number on desktop PC/Mac. With Excel or Number, it must be easy to rename the row in "NAME" column to be the one you want.
For how to copy files between PC/Mac and app, please check this article: http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... ad&from=mp

Then, most important step, delete all columns except the "GUID" and "NAME" column, and save the file as a new CSV.

At last, upload the new csv to the app using iTunes, and then import the file in User Data > Add > Import From File.
Attention that you should turn on the "Synchronized Import" switch in the "Import Option" to perform update to existing routes, which uses GUIDs as the key to sync all NAMEs to existing routes within the app.

What's more, it is suggested to update the app to the latest version of v2.6.8 before try, which fixed some bug in CSV importing.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby yisits » 2017-10-23 16:31

Thank you for responding, but can you clarify a bit more? When I try and import the file with all columns except GUID and NAME deleted I get the message "Import Failed Conent error(No column of GEOMETRY).

Attached is a screenshot of the unedited CSV file for your reference.

Thank you!
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (94.3 KiB) Viewed 1336 times
yisits
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-10-24 0:00

1, While importing a CSV with only GUID and NAME, please ensure to turn on the "Synchronized Import" switch in the "Import Option", before start importing.

2, From your screenshot, it seems something goes wrong with the CSV, the GEOMETRY row of previous rows are expanded to their next rows, which means there are some unexpected line-break within the content, would you mind send the file to support@duweis.com, to help us doing a further check? Or please use another software to open and edit the file, for example different version of Excel.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums