Calculations on search results

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Calculations on search results

Postby timmix » 2017-09-19 13:41

Hi. I'm working on a project for a land trust. I've created a feature class for 60 parcels that has fields like acreage and a type of conservation or fee simple. I'd like to:
1. Quickly find the sum of acreage for all fee simple parcels. I get result lists by searching [Type=='Fee'] but it would be great to do acreage calculations on those results. I was thinking a button inside the search list thst could bring up something with expressions that could be applied to the list. Or maybe a mini command console thst you could type expressions into and have text results spit out.
2. I also work with foresters. They need to know the acreage of certain stand types on certain parcels. It would be great to be able to say sum(acreage) where standtype='bla' && parcel='bla'
Just a suggestion. Would anyone else be interested in this, or am I crazy?
timmix
★★

Re: Calculations on search results

Postby Zax » 2017-09-20 1:34

timmix wrote:Hi. I'm working on a project for a land trust. I've created a feature class for 60 parcels that has fields like acreage and a type of conservation or fee simple. I'd like to:
..... Would anyone else be interested in this, or am I crazy?

Thanks for your great suggestions.

First, the searching in User Data already supports expressions(called advanced search), so you can use [Type]=='Fee' to search for needed results. Don't forget to tap the Search button to trigger an advanced search.

And, We'll try to include a statistic functions in the future version to perform aggregation math on multiple selected features. Which means after you selected multiple features, including folders, either in User Data, or on the map within a new Analysis mode, you can then choose to aggregation these features with a customized expression and a selected method.

The expression will include a calculation for each feature: for example: [Type] or [Width] * [Height], and the method could be embedded aggregations such as sum, avg, min, max, etc..
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums