Zip files won't unzip

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Zip files won't unzip

Postby luciano » 2017-08-25 9:24

When I upload zipped Map Plus folders to my MacBook Pro, I'm unable to unzip the files by clicking on the file. In order to unzip the files, I need to open Terminal, type 'unzip' and the filename. How can I unzip files uploaded from Map Plus by simply clicking on them?
luciano
★★

Re: Zip files won't unzip

Postby Zax » 2017-08-25 13:50

luciano wrote:When I upload zipped Map Plus folders to my MacBook Pro, I'm unable to unzip the files by clicking on the file. In order to unzip the files, I need to open Terminal, type 'unzip' and the filename. How can I unzip files uploaded from Map Plus by simply clicking on them?

In order to support huge file zipping, for example for files larger than 4GB, we are using latest 64-bit zipping technologies, which is incompatible with the OSX's native unzipping utility, which is little bit out of date.

It's hard for us to make this decision, choose 4GB large file zipping or OSX? and we choose for large file at last, since currently this is no solution to satisfy them both.

Actually, it is a bug of the OSX system, which do not support 64-bit zipping technology so well, and you can resolve that by installing any 3rd party unzipping softwares, in our test, most of these tools work well with 64 bit zipped files, and there are many of them charge for free in the App Store. Such as the Unarchiver
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums