Export shapefile with images as zip?

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Export shapefile with images as zip?

Postby Cliffy » 2017-04-29 1:13

Is it possible to export as zip with images? preferably in SHP or TAB?

Reason being is I have to export a large amount of images, then rename accordingly.

e.g I would like to take multiple photos on each feature and then have a column that refers to image name in SHP or TAB file after exporting as zip

oh and great app by the way! I have finally had some spare time to learn its features. great work.
Cliffy
★★

Re: Export shapefile with images as zip?

Postby Zax » 2017-04-30 1:07

Cliffy wrote:Is it possible to export as zip with images? preferably in SHP or TAB?

Reason being is I have to export a large amount of images, then rename accordingly.

e.g I would like to take multiple photos on each feature and then have a column that refers to image name in SHP or TAB file after exporting as zip

oh and great app by the way! I have finally had some spare time to learn its features. great work.

Currently, there is a way to bulk export photos of custom properties to files.
1) Going to User Data > select the features or folders you want to export > share > Save to Documents (or else).
2) Choose the export type as "KMZ", ensure the export option of "Custom Properties Table" is on, and you can also turn on the "Compress Images" if you wish.
3) Tap continue, and done.

The photos in the KMZ could be viewed directly with Google Earth on PC/Mac, and you can rename the *.kmz file to *.zip, then un-zip the file and find all photos within a sub-folder of the it named "files".

Then, you can export SHP in a similar way by choosing the export file type as "SHP". And you can turn on the "Archived as ZIP" option to achieve all related files as a single zip file. But photos could not be exported as column(attribute) or image file with the SHP currently, we'll try to support it in future versions.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Cliffy » 2017-04-30 1:28

Cheers Zax for the quick response.

I thought that KMZ was the only option.

I'll see if I can pull an index from the KML somehow..

Would a SHP/TAB with images function be an easy feature on a custom version?

Thanks.
Cliffy
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-04-30 2:42

Cliffy wrote:Cheers Zax for the quick response.

I thought that KMZ was the only option.

I'll see if I can pull an index from the KML somehow..

Would a SHP/TAB with images function be an easy feature on a custom version?

Thanks.

Yes, much more complicated functions and requirements could be implemented in a customized version.
But please notice that a customized development would be charged in a different way with much higher pricing, which includes a customization price and yearly license price for bulk devices.

For more details, please contact us directly via contactus@duweis.com, or support@duweis.com.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby Cliffy » 2017-04-30 3:49

Yes of course.

I have spoke with your team a few months back about a custom version for our company. I was very pleased with the discussion.

I am just getting the spare time now to learn the standard Map Plus app & discover any extra features we will need.

Thanks again
Cliffy
★★

Postby Cliffy » 2017-04-30 4:20

!SOLUTION!

So export as KMZ, change .kmz to .zip file as explained earlier by Zax, unzip. Then open doc.kml file in QGIS and save as .csv, open in excel.

Hooray! All values are displayed in property/attribute columns including image names & id's. Exactly the same as .tab or .shp would show

I can now use this csv. to rename bulk photos with associated serial number.
Cliffy
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums