HELP - App does not start anymore

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

HELP - App does not start anymore

Postby juwPE » 2017-04-28 10:20

I can See the App in the opendend App overview, but if I try to open it, it closes after half a second.
The startup-Button in the options menu does make a difference.
How can i get my data now?
juwPE
★★

Re: HELP - App does not start anymore

Postby Zax » 2017-04-28 14:23

juwPE wrote:I can see the app in the opendend App overview, but if I try to open it, it closes after half a second.
The startup-Button in the options menu does make a difference.
How can i get my data now?

First, really so sorry for all that brings.

Before any suggestion, would you please update the app to the latest version (2.6.2) and try again.

Crash happens for two reasons, first is because too many items are displayed at the same time, seconds is because there is a issued/broken item, and you are trying to use/display it.

In order to avoid the above two, please try the startup repair function.

1) Force quit the app.
2) Going to iOS Settings > Map Plus > Startup Repair, turn on the button
3) Restart the app, the startup repair panel would appear, check the switch of "Hide All Items" on, tap Repair.

Is it ok now?

If not, connect the iTunes to the device, and try to copy the folder named "log" out of Map Plus app, and send the error.log file in it to us.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Postby juwPE » 2017-05-02 12:12

First Thank you very much for your reply!

I tried what you recommended several times:

1) Force quit the app.
2) Going to iOS Settings > Map Plus > Startup Repair, turn on the button
3) Restart the app, the startup repair panel would appear, check the switch of "Hide All Items" on, tap Repair.

But the startup repair Panel never appeared, so it was not possible for me to Hide all items and the app did still not start.

Unfortunately while trying to find a solution we deleted the app from our device. So now we know our data is gone, because we did not do a backup.
Would it be possible to add a function for an automatically backup so failures like these were less likely to happen?
juwPE
★★

Postby Zax » 2017-05-02 14:26

juwPE wrote:Unfortunately while trying to find a solution we deleted the app from our device. So now we know our data is gone, because we did not do a backup.
Would it be possible to add a function for an automatically backup so failures like these were less likely to happen?

Really so sorry for hearing that.

If you have enabled the iOS's iCloud Backup function, then the whole system and all data of all apps would be backup automatically and regularly by iOS.
Please check if there is a backup before you delete the app, if so, try to restore to it.
More details here:
https://support.apple.com/kb/ph12521?locale=en_US

Then, the automatic backup within the app might not help for this kind of situation, from your description, it seems there are some critical bug caused the crash, please notice that if an app crashed, it was force quit immediately by the iOS system, the app has no chance to run any logic after the crash, such as recording an error log, or backup all data as you required. Then only solution is to let the developer find the bug, release the fixed version, and let the app automatically correct itself during a version upgrading process.

What's more, please notice that if you delete an app, all local data and files of the app, including the backup files, log files, temporary files, caches, etc., would be all deleted, nothing left. Unlike desktop softwares, the app deleting in iOS is a fully cleanup operation.

Please also notice that there are in-app backup and restore functions already, which requires a manually operation, and you can hold multiple backups, or copy them to desktop PC by using iTunes.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums