Placement of map overlay

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Placement of map overlay

Postby pyed_p1per » 2017-04-17 14:39

The other day I took a photo of a hiking route from a brochure using my phone. I went Import from Album > Import as Map > Selected the photo. From there I had great difficulty overlaying the map as the co-ordinates aren't known. It would be really handy if the overlay map would be able to be adjusted on all 4 corners and rotation from the map view. Maybe a feature for a future release?
pyed_p1per
★★

Re: Placement of map overlay

Postby Zax » 2017-04-17 15:14

pyed_p1per wrote:The other day I took a photo of a hiking route from a brochure using my phone. I went Import from Album > Import as Map > Selected the photo. From there I had great difficulty overlaying the map as the co-ordinates aren't known. It would be really handy if the overlay map would be able to be adjusted on all 4 corners and rotation from the map view. Maybe a feature for a future release?

Currently, the dragging is supported for adjusting the corners and center of an image overlay. please refer to: http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... lay#region

Anyway, rotation does not support on-map editing. As a suggestion, please use the Google earth on PC/Mac to adjust the image overlay to perfectly match the map, then export it as a KMZ file, and import to Map Plus, to avoid editing in the app.

More, if the photo you took is not a standard projected map, align the four corner could not align the whole map content to the correctly, a projection transformation or georeferencing might be requied, please check this for more details: http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... ce&from=mp
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Re: Placement of map overlay

Postby pyed_p1per » 2017-04-17 18:28

Great thanks - the edit function works well enough for this :)
pyed_p1per
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums