Showing labels by default

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Showing labels by default

Postby pyed_p1per » 2017-03-24 20:50

When creating a new a new place in map plus it always doesn't show the label. I can't see an option to set show label by default in the app.

Also when displaying labels for many places that are close together the text starts to overlap and is unreadable when zooming out. Is there any way you can hide labels that clash with each other when zooming out (then show them again when zooming in causing the labels to not clash)?
User avatar
pyed_p1per
★★
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 2017-03-24 20:27

Re: Showing labels by default

Postby Zax » 2017-03-25 9:09

pyed_p1per wrote:When creating a new a new place in map plus it always doesn't show the label. I can't see an option to set show label by default in the app.


You can use the custom editing menu to set custom item as the menu item, you could use either an existing place with label enabled, or a feature class with place label style, to be the menu item.
Use this menu item to create new items with same style, attributes and labels.
Plz refer to: http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... om_stencil

pyed_p1per wrote:Also when displaying labels for many places that are close together the text starts to overlap and is unreadable when zooming out. Is there any way you can hide labels that clash with each other when zooming out (then show them again when zooming in causing the labels to not clash)?

This would be implemented in the coming version of v2.6.
In the new version:
1, There is new container type named "Layer", you can create a layer for places, lines or polygons. Places in the same layer would automatically try to avoid text overlap on each other.
2, The new Condition Style Expression in the new version enables you to control that the label could only be visible for specified map zoom levels. For example, you can write a condition like:
[:zoom] > 15, which indicates its style only applied when map zoom level is larger than 15.

The new version would be ready in 1~2 week, and we'll update the document for it then.
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
User avatar
Zax
★★★★★
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: 2011-07-27 0:54

Re: Showing labels by default

Postby pyed_p1per » 2017-03-25 16:37

The edit option is great though I'm searching for a place or dropping a pin then saving it. This method skips the edit option. Maybe it could be added as an option under default styles in settings?
User avatar
pyed_p1per
★★
 
Posts: 9
Joined: 2017-03-24 20:27

Re: Showing labels by default

Postby Zax » 2017-03-25 16:43

pyed_p1per wrote:The edit option is great though I'm searching for a place or dropping a pin then saving it. This method skips the edit option. Maybe it could be added as an option under default styles in settings?


We'll try to add such settings in the future, before that, you can use the feature class to make the setting simpler.
0) Create a feature class, add a style to enable label, and also add a style for the text(/expression) of the label. This only needs to be done once.
1) Main Screen > Tool button > Edit.
2) Selected a place > choose "class" > choose the feature class
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
User avatar
Zax
★★★★★
 
Posts: 1172
Joined: 2011-07-27 0:54


Return to Map Plus - Forums

cron