Importing from Global Mapper

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Importing from Global Mapper

Postby Saarinen » 2017-01-25 14:34

Hi.
Thanks for a really great map-application that works really great for my field work as an biologist.

I have problems importing shp-files created in Global Mapper to my map plus application on an Ipad. When I try to import Map Plus simply says Import Failed (Can not open file). I usually work in Swedish grid SWEREFF 99TM but I have also tried to export the shp-files in with other projections such as WGS84. I have no problems exporting files from Map Plus to global mapper.

I would really appreciate help in this matter.
Thanks on advance!
Saarinen
★★

Re: Importing from Global Mapper

Postby Zax » 2017-01-25 15:22

Saarinen wrote:Hi.
Thanks for a really great map-application that works really great for my field work as an biologist.

I have problems importing shp-files created in Global Mapper to my map plus application on an Ipad. When I try to import Map Plus simply says Import Failed (Can not open file). I usually work in Swedish grid SWEREFF 99TM but I have also tried to export the shp-files in with other projections such as WGS84. I have no problems exporting files from Map Plus to global mapper.

I would really appreciate help in this matter.
Thanks on advance!

1. Would you send us a sample file to support@duweis.com
2. Please ensure all shp assist files such as .dbf, .shp are all uploaded in the same folder before they could be import. If you are import from email or other app, please package all files as a zip, and try to open it with the app, then unzip and import.
3. While importing, either SWEREFF 99TM or WGS 84, please ensure you have set a CRS for such projection, for example, for WGS 84, input : EPSG:4326 as the CRS.
4. More import options, plz refer to:
http://www.duweis.com/support/viewdoc.h ... &k=012_shp
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Re: Importing from Global Mapper

Postby Saarinen » 2017-02-13 16:18

Thank you very much Zax. It worked very well after I imported as zip-files and got the right crs!
Saarinen
★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums