Offset China KMZ

Map Plus helps, usage, issues, bug report, downloads...

Offset China KMZ

Postby acercorp » 2016-02-17 17:16

Dear Map Plus Developers,
Thank you for a great app! :D

Device: iPad Mini
File format: KMZ
Tool: Google My Maps
Problem: Offset. :?:

I opened up a map that I created with Google My Maps (a KMZ file) in Map Plus on my iPad Mini. It opens up, but there is an offset between the background map and the map that I created. I am in China. How do I adjust for that offset?

Best regards,
Asser
acercorp
★★

Re: Offset China KMZ

Postby Zax » 2016-02-18 3:11

acercorp wrote:I opened up a map that I created with Google My Maps (a KMZ file) in Map Plus on my iPad Mini. It opens up, but there is an offset between the background map and the map that I created. I am in China. How do I adjust for that offset?

Best regards,
Asser

Which background map are you using?

Whiling using in China, please:
1, Go to Map Plus‘s "Settings" > "Use Region", and ensure it is set as "Automatic" or "China", if "Automatic", you need to using the locating function once after being in China.
2, If your background map is the Apple's system map, tap the "View"(left) button on map, choose "System Map" > "Projection Model", and ensure it is set as "Automatic", and the subtitle of the "Automatic" should be "Web Mercator - China", if not, please manually choose the projection model as "Web Mercator - China"
3, If your background map is a custom map layer, For example, Google Map Layers, please ensure you have correctly set the "Projection" of this map layer in its Detail Information page. You can reach that by tapping the "View"(left) button on map, choose "Custom Maps", tap the "i" button at the right of the custom map from the list.

What's more, while using custom maps of Google Map, because Google services at google.com is not available in China, you have to change the URL Pattern of a Google map from "google.com" to "google.cn" and add a "gl=CN" parameter, and set the "Projection" of these maps as "Web Mercator - Global".
Here is an example of the URL Pattern of Google's Road Map for China with Labels in English:
Code: [Select all]
http://mt{$serverpart-x2y}.google.cn/vt/lyrs=m&hl=en&gl=CN&src=app&x={$x}&y={$y}&z={$z}&s={$Galileo}&scale=1
Map Source XML

Mode issues, you can also contact us via support@miocool.com
Or check the online manual: http://www.duweis.com/en/mapplus_guide.html
Zax Zeng
Duwei Technology
Zax
★★★★★

Return to Map Plus - Forums